• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Shabby Chic Backgounds

I spent part of a rainy afternoon creating backgrounds. It's fun experimenting and just playing around. In one of my swap groups I found "shabby chic" background recipes (thanks Adrienne) and decided to try them before joining the swap. The first set is SHABBY GESSO CHIC, the second set is IRRESISTIBLE GESSO (the pink is just a test of the gesso as a resist) . I still want to sand the shabby gesso chic backgrounds to give them the finishing touch. Take a peek.
#1 SHABBY GESSO CHIC IN PINK AND PURPLE

#2 IRRESISTIBLE GESSO & GESSO RESIST

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful, how did you get the leaves into your design ?
Dawn

Sandy said...

Your gesso backgrounds are very cool as well. They will look fabulous with some art!