• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Art from Junk?

I'm excited. It's going to be a warm and sunny weekend, 80's, and we are off to the beach tomorrow for the weekend. You guys know it's one of my favorite spots. It's so beautiful and our friends there are the simply the best! I came to the conclusion that I spend way too much time planning and thinking and planning and more planning when I work on my art pages. So my goal this week; in addition to getting projects ready for a craft sale in November; was to produce at least two pages daily for my sketch book. Without all the planning, just doing. I didn’t need to add the journaling, just go with the flow and just create. It was FUN! I forgot how much fun just going with the flow could be.

“HE” popped into my studio and watched my work in progress last night. “You just started and the pages are there before you know it!” - “Whoosh!” -“You can do that because you know what you’re making, right?” "becuase you've done it so many times it's all in your head>"….

Me - ”That’s right!” (LOL, I don’t have a clue what I doing and that was the point of it.)
His final comment before walking out of the room “You’re art (yes he actually calls it art) is created from just cut up stuff…look around it’s like a junk yard… and you create cool things from ...just junk.” Naturally I start to take offense at the junk yard comment and reply “I like my room…and the junk.” He assured me it’s a complement. I'll keep him!

So here's this weeks creations for my sketchbook. They will accompany me to the beach where I may add the journaling.



2 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Really beautiful! And they will look even more beautiful when youve journalled on them too! Thankyou for sharing them :)

Zeborah Loray said...

I agree - looks like art to me too. :)

Love your collage style.
Zeb