• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Altered book shrine "Summertime"

This is my very first altered book shrines I am working on. My theme is Summertime after the song "Summertime and the living is easy. Fish are jumping..."

I love listening to Rene Olstead sing the song...because I'm a beach girl I find it so inspiring.


Step one cutting the shrine box inside and glueing the pages to bind the side is done and now I started painting the cover and adding a stamped design. Next I started painting the inside.


Looks dark and scary in there but it's just the scan.




Now I've moved on to the inside adding images, sand (yes real beach sand..oh I can feel the warmth under my toes now...), text and shells.
I glued sand and real shells in the shrine box and wrote on the hand drawn wave "Summertime and the living is easy" ...here it is so far. hummm...I think it needs more.

I'll move on to the cover and think on the inside for a while. Added my Summertime title, images and what not. Take a look. What do you think? More to come on this.
6/20: I finished my Summertime ABS. I added more images and some bubbles. Now I'm happy with it!

No comments: