• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Altered Books Shrine #2 - Nature's Treasure

I started a new altered shrine books. This one is for one of my swap groups. I picked a black book and went through the usual process of cutting the shrine box and pasting the pages along the sides. The first page has the title TREASURES so I went with that a part of the title and cut the box just below it. I think it pretty cool like that. I added various paints to the inside going for orange shades. I plan to use birds and eggs as key elements in this book.
Next I added some stamped images to the inside - feathers and bees. Love the little black bees. Added a strip of paper on the left side of the book and a matching frame around the shrine box. I also added a small amount of paint to the cover and stamped more feathers. I like the black background so I didn't over do it.
Now it's time to dig through the papers and images and decide what to add. And what about the shrine box? I've gotta find something for that spot. To be continued...

6/20: Fihished the cover still have to work on the inside. Here's the cover below. It's a little dark...

6/27: I finished the book and have posted the final pages. Going with the Nautre theme I added clippings, images, fabric, buttons, pen bird tracks and inside the nook is a wire nest taht I made with eggs posted behind it (hard to see in the picture). The nook also has a 3-D fairy looking into the nest. For the final touch I added the title to the cover and side " NATURES TREASURE" I'm very happy with this one and will be a little sad when it flies away for the swap.










1 comment:

Trish Bee said...

This is gorgeous and I cant wait to see what you do to it next!!! Im drooling :)