• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Art from the weekend

Over the weekend I picked up Spackle. I wasn’t sure how to use it so I inquired with my friends at Art-venture. One suggestion was to use it to create a raise stencil image.

Using a border image and the Spackle and a touch of paste and viola – it adds a nice touch to your art piece. I used it on a calendar (using the Oct image from one of my art groups Art Exercise). I also added it to the gesso canvas I made previously. I liked making the calendar and decide to make another one (without the Spackle) to use as a hostess gift for an upcoming swap.

My next Spackle project will be to create a textured background.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I love what you've done with this Denise, especially the page with the stencilled images and the photo - stunning! Who would have thought humble spackling paste could look so elegant.

SweetPea said...

Denise - I just opened this calendar last night!!! Thank you so much - I LOVE it!!
Hugs
Sweetpea