• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Art Excercises

I have a few projects to share with you from my art groups. One group offers up three or four “Creative Art Exercises” each month. This month it is #1 Gesso, #2 Shades of Autumn, and #3 Make something with the image provided. I have complete exercises #1 & #2 combining the two to create an ATC.

Autumn-Nature ATC
Steps:
1. The small multi-hued square is made from gesso mixed with varies shades of tube watercolor pounced onto the cardstock with bubble wrap.

2. I cut the gesso strip into 1 inch squares and bound them with gold wire and attached it to a wine color square to the back.
3. This was placed on a Gold background I stamped with a leaf motif. I added a strip of green mulberry paper running down the side.
4. A small bird sticker was placed on the bottom.

Tip-in for October 07- Children
Funny and playful things come to mind. My first thought was the nursery rhyme “Old woman who lives in a shoe”. I also found a funny little poem about kids that I used on the backside. “Cleaning house with children at home is like trying to staple Jello to a tree!" So keeping them in mind I went to work…here’s the results.

4 comments:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hi Denise!

I love your new header and the artwork is looking great. The tip-in is wonderful, made me laugh. That quote about cleaning house with kids around is one I need to enlarge and post prominently in my house. Ain't it the truth!

Carol said...

Brilliant! Love the colors in both pieces. Hope I get one of your nature atc's. I'm going to sign up for the swap.

Unknown said...

love the new art pieces but my favourite is the 4 babies in the shoe.

Carol C

Anonymous said...

Love how you used your challenge gesso background.

Also really appreciate the quote by Van Dyke at the top of your page - comments like that keep me going when I am feeling that my efforts are a little sad.