• I love to share my art and appreciate your stopping in. All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © little birdie studio. The creations here are for inspiration only. Please use my designs and ideas for your personal use only. Thanks!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

It Snowed - I played

It snowed overnight Friday so after cleaning the house I decide to create. I read about Gesso textured backgrounds on Trish B's site, you'll always find something interesting there. Anyway, I decided to give it a whirl. So following her easy-peasy instructions I went to work, or should I say play!

I gesso'd one 8x10 sheet and when dry cut it in half. Painted one black the other green. When they dried I cut them in half so I now have quarter sheets. Using acrylic paints I topped the black with silver, the second black sheet with bronze, a green sheet with bronze and the final green sheet with gold.
They are fabulous...thanks Trish. I will make these again.

I also signed up for another little beauties swap. this time the theme is MEN. So I started making them over the weekend. I used some of the background paper above when making a few. I thought I could go with Masculine as the theme but I was wrong there must be a man someplace on the little beauty. So, I'll need to either alter most or make some new ones because only three have men. No biggie because these will make great card starters.


Easter's right around the corner and I have 4 grandsons to make cards for not to mention a few others I send them to. So I decide to get cracking. I found some cute ideas in a craft magazine and created diecuts and started on them. Here's one style. That's it so far.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely, lovely & lovely!!! you're so smart to do the gesso on one sheet then cut it down. I cut all my papers first, then did the gesso (they are drying now) and I got gesso everywhere!!! Love the colors you choose.

Trish Bee said...

Beautiful backgrounds! I love all your latest additions! Theres nothing better than a play day :D

girlgonethreadwild said...

Oh, is that what snow is good for? I admit I like seeing snow... on other peop's blogs! NOT in person. I wouldn't know what to do with it- being from the southwest.

Fun swaps going on. Have fun and thanks for stopping by my blog... I'm having the time of my life with this PINK doll. xo, Monica